New York Online Poker – Top 10 Best Real Money Poker Sites In NY
The Empire State is not the first one to come to mind when you think of poker, but you’d be surprised at the options available. In this guide, we’ll be listing the best New York poker sites and explaining the reasoning behind our decisions.
Keep reading to find out how you join online poker tables in New York and how you can get rewarded for it. You’ll also find out the differences between in-person and live tables and how to play poker on your mobile device.
NY Poker Sites
T&Cs apply, 18+
100% deposit match up to $3,000
T&Cs apply, 18+
50% deposit match up to $1000
T&Cs apply, 18+
$750 Welcome Bonus (3 x $250 Bonuses)
T&Cs apply, 18+
$5,000 Welcome Package For New Players
List of the Best New York Online Poker Sites
These are the top New York poker sites that you can join right now if you’re a resident of the State and are above the legal gambling age. Apart from offering a variety of games, these offshore casinos offer generous bonuses and plenty of support services.
- BetOnline – The Flagship Online Poker Site in New York.
- SportsBetting.ag – A Top New York Poker Site for Tournaments.
- Everygame – One of the Best NY Poker Casinos for Low Stakes.
- Wild Casino – Play Live Super 6 Poker with High Table Limits.
Reviews of the Best New York Online Poker Sites
Find out why these sites have been chosen as the best New York poker casinos overall. You can find out more about each platform by clicking on the respective links found within the mini-reviews.
1. BetOnline – The Flagship Online Poker Site in New York
It is hardly surprising that BetOnline is the best NY poker site, given that it ranks at the top of the list of the best online poker sites for real money in the country. This reputable site offers a dedicated poker platform where you can play several variants, including Texas Hold’em. You can access the poker room directly through the main website or by downloading mobile or desktop apps.
BetOnline offers a variety of tutorials and guides to help you master the game. Several virtual games are available to try in demo mode, and you can switch to real money gaming whenever you’re confident. Once you’ve developed your strategies, you may wish to join one of the casino’s numerous poker tournaments. You should also check out the latest BetOnline Casino poker bonus codes to claim reload offers and table chips.
- Plenty of ongoing tournaments, including Sit-n-Go
- $1 million prize pool poker tournaments available in NY
- Android, Windows, and iOS poker apps available
- Poker variants include Boost Poker and Windfall Poker
- Does not support eWallet payments
2. SportsBetting.ag – A Top New York Poker Site for Tournaments
SportsBetting.ag is a popular platform offering various games of poker in NY. Once you register an account, you’ll be able to play several games, either with other US players or against the dealer. You can also participate in a variety of poker tournaments, including ones that offer windfalls of up to $1 million. What’s more, many of these tournaments have low or no entry fees.
It’s not just our experts that believe that SportsBetting.ag is a top New York poker site. In fact, this casino is one of the best online poker sites on Reddit, and not just for its tournaments. Players will find a wide variety of poker-based casino bonuses as well as numerous variants. This casino also supports both USD and crypto payments, allowing you to fund your poker account with your ideal currency.
- Features $1 million windfall and other poker tournaments
- Dedicated poker bonuses and promotions
- Poker platform downloadable onto PC and Mac
- Accepts USD and cryptocurrency payments
- Does not provide an extensive poker training center
3. Everygame – One of the Best NY Poker Casinos for Low Stakes
The Everygame poker room gives you an opportunity to play Texas Hold’em and Omaha for free or with real money. If you play for real, you can start with just 2-cent and 4-cent blinds, though the site also offers no-limit tables that are ideal for fans of high roller casinos. Moreover, you can play all of this casino’s poker games either directly from the mobile-friendly website or by downloading dedicated apps. You can even play these games with a bigger bankroll by using Everygame bonus codes.
Another important reason for Everygame’s high ranking is its provision of New York poker no deposit bonuses. Available through the casino’s loyalty program, these special rewards become available just as soon as you collect enough Frequent Player Points. You’ll be able to exchange these points into Gold Chips that you can use on eligible poker tables without needing to first place a deposit.
- Low and high-stakes tables available
- Offers no deposit poker bonuses to all players
- A very good choice of welcome and ongoing bonuses
- Poker variants include Texas Hold’em and Omaha
- A less popular poker room than BetOnline or SportsBetting.ag
4. Wild Casino – Play Live Super 6 Poker with High Table Limits
Wild Casino is one of the few online platforms in the US that offer live casinos from two providers. As a registered user, you’ll be able to play Live Super 6 Poker provided by Visionary iGaming and FreshDeck Studios. Apart from playing with real dealers, these games give you the opportunity to select your preferred table limits, including ones as high as $5,000.
There are several other reasons why this casino is a favorite amongst NY poker players. You can fund your account using both USD and cryptocurrencies, and can deposit up to $500k with Bitcoin. Moreover, you will find Wild Casino bonus codes available for your favorite games, including poker.
- Play Live Poker hosted by reputable providers
- Generous casino bonuses for USD and crypto payments
- Play poker with Bitcoin or 14 other cryptocurrencies
- A very good selection of video poker games
- No poker tournaments available
More on gambling in New York…
Learn about all types of online gambling in NY in our expert guides below:
Comparing Online Poker Sites in New York
Here is an overview of the main bonuses and features available at the best New York poker sites:
|Poker Room||Poker Bonus||Freerolls||Casino Poker||Qualifiers||Live Poker|
|BetOnline||100% up to $1,000||✅||16+||✅||✅|
|Sportsbetting.ag||100% up to $1,000||✅||10+||✅||❌|
|Everygame||200% up to $1,000||✅||1+||✅||❌|
|Wild Casino||300% up to $3,000||❌||4+||❌||✅|
Explore Our Online Poker Reviews
Is Online Poker Legal in New York?
As we are writing this guide, online poker in New York is not supported by the State’s laws. According to the rules governing New York online casinos, no operator can be based or licensed in the State.
As a result, residents that wish to play poker in New York City or anywhere else in the State have two options. They can either join reputable offshore casinos, such as BetOnline, or travel to a land-based casino that offers this card game.
New York Poker Laws
If you would like to play poker in NY, your two options are playing at offshore online casinos or visiting a land-based establishment. Here is an overview of the main laws governing this card game in the State:
- Online poker laws – There are currently no laws specifically permitting online poker in New York. However, offshore sites fall within a grey area, so residents would be able to join them without issues.
- Offline poker laws – Poker in NY is legally allowed at the 12 licensed casinos and racinos as well as the 15 unlicensed tribal casinos.
- Gambling age – The State’s minimum gambling age is 21 years. Some online casinos might allow you to register an account as long as you’re 18 or over, but it’s best to fulfill the State’s minimum gambling age.
Can I Play at an Offshore Poker Room from New York?
Since poker in New York City and the rest of the State is limited, we have no choice but to focus on offshore sites that offer online gaming. You can connect to any of the listed sites directly, without needing any VPN or other geo-blocking solution.
Since these casinos are licensed, they still require all users to register an account and verify their identity. This ensures that players are who they say they are and not below the minimum gambling age.
Legal Poker Sites vs Offshore Poker Sites
Let’s have a look at the differences between a typical legal poker site and a reputable offshore platform.
How can I tell the Difference between a Legal and Offshore Poker Site?
One of the easiest ways to determine whether a poker site is legal or offshore is to scroll to the very bottom of the page and look at the fine print. Poker sites that are legal and licensed by the State would have a seal of approval or details regarding their operating license. This license would be issued by a New York authority, such as the New York State Gaming Commission.
Licensed offshore sites, such as BetOnline, would still provide their licensing information. However, their operating license would not be issued by New York authorities, but rather by competent offshore organizations, such as the Curacao iGaming Authority.
Online Poker Safety & Fairness – Who Regulates Legal Online Poker Sites in New York?
The New York State Gaming Commission has overall jurisdiction over all gambling activities in the State. Since NY poker is not permitted online, this authority does not license online operators, focusing instead on land-based establishments.
Nevertheless, both licensed facilities and licensed offshore sites give due importance to safety and fairness. In fact, all our featured sites offer responsible gambling pages where you can find information to help you keep playing poker fun.
By visiting the New York State Gaming Commission, you’ll find several resources to play responsibly, including a self-check questionnaire. There are also links to online and land-based charities and professionals that can help you in case you need it.
Offshore Poker Sites in New York – Are Offshore Poker Sites Safe for New York Players?
Reputable offshore casinos provide a convenient alternative to travelling to play poker in New York City or beyond. The sites that we’ve listed in this guide are safe and trustworthy, and have been providing a professional service to US players for decades.
As things stand today, authorities are focused on prosecuting illegal New York poker operators, rather than players. This means that you should have no trouble in joining and playing on our featured offshore NY poker sites with real money.
These offshore sites accept both USD and crypto payments, with the latter offering a great way to keep your gambling activity anonymous. Several of our featured sites rank among the best Bitcoin casinos in the US and will provide you with higher-value poker bonuses when you deposit funds using crypto.
Will New York be Ring-Fenced or Shared Player Pool?
Ring-fencing is a term used to describe grouping several players and only allowing them to play poker amongst themselves. Whilst this may seem restrictive, it’s a convenient way for poker platforms to adhere to different laws.
When referring to a group of players, we don’t mean a handful or a dozen. Rather, New York poker players might be one group. In certain cases, players from New York City can be ring-fenced.
As we are writing this New York poker guide, it looks unlikely that players from the state will be ring-fenced. Even if laws permitting online poker are eventually introduced, the sustainability of the industry would depend on allowing players to link to others across the country.
Perks of Ring-Fencing Player Pools
Ring-fencing can provide players with a tailor-made experience that is focused entirely on the needs and wants of their group. This could include offering Spanish alongside English, as well as making familiar payment methods available.
In the case of poker operators, ring-fencing provides the advantage of ensuring that particular state laws are respected. It also helps the operator to understand different groups separately and stay away from offering a one-size-fits-all solution.
Drawbacks of Ring-Fencing Player Pools
The main disadvantage of ring-fencing poker players is reducing the pool of players that can play together. This is especially significant when organizing tournaments that require a certain minimum number of players. Prize pools or ring-fenced groups are normally lower, and this can have a ripple effect throughout the particular platform.
Timeline: History of Online Poker in New York
Here is an overview of significant events in history that have led to the current New York poker laws:
- 1967 – Gambling in New York is easier thanks to the introduction of the State Lottery.
- 2001 – Native Americans recognized by the State are allowed to open casinos on their land. It is now possible to play poker and other casino games legally in the State.
- 2013 – Four commercial casinos are allowed to operate in Upstate New York following the passing of the bill S5883. These casinos are able to offer slots, poker, and various other table games.
- 2022 – Bill S8412 fails to be approved by the current legislation and will have to wait until next year’s session. This bill would introduce legal online casino gambling, including poker, to New York.
How to Play Online Poker in New York
You can start playing New York poker online in just a couple of minutes. The following tutorial will guide you to register an account, deposit funds, claim a poker bonus, and start playing the world’s favorite card game. In this example, we are using BetOnline, but you will find that all our featured sites feature the same steps.
Step 1: Register a BetOnline Account
Visit the BetOnline website and click on ‘Join’ to begin registration. You will be asked to provide basic identification information as well as a valid mobile number and email address.
Step 2: Verify Your Email Address
You should receive an automated email from the BetOnline team. Click on the link found within the email to confirm that your address is correct.
Step 3: Place a Deposit
Visit the BetOnline ‘Banking’ page and select your preferred payment method. This top-rated poker site accepts a wide variety of USD payment methods as well as 15+ cryptocurrencies.
Enter the amount that you wish to deposit and follow the on-screen instructions to complete your first payment. Include the appropriate BetOnline bonus code to activate your favorite poker or casino welcome offer.
Step 4: Start Playing Poker
Click on the ‘Poker’ page on the BetOnline website and browse through the variety of games and tournaments available. Select a game by clicking on it. Once it launches, you’ll be able to find rules and hand values in the game’s options menu.
Making Deposits & Withdrawals at New York Poker Sites
You can fund your poker casino account using a variety of traditional and innovative payment methods. Here are some of the most popular ones:
Crypto at Poker Sites
Cryptocurrencies are one of the most popular banking options among New York poker players. Apart from offering fast and secure transactions, the best Bitcoin poker casinos will reward you with higher-value rewards if you deposit using crypto.
eWallets at Poker Sites
eWallets provide a mobile-friendly way to deposit funds and stay in control of your poker budget. You can use this banking option to deposit and withdraw funds from your casino account for free, however, top-ups and withdrawals to your bank account come at a charge.
Traditional Payment Methods
You can continue to use so-called traditional payment methods at the best credit card casinos in the country. These sites support debit/credit cards as well as payment vouchers, bank wire transfers, and other familiar options. However, these options are usually unavailable for either deposits or withdrawals.
Online Poker Bonuses Available for New York Players
From the moment you join any of our featured New York poker sites, you’ll be able to claim generous bonuses and offers. Both new and existing users can take advantage of reload casino bonuses, no deposit bonuses, and free roll tickets, among other rewards.
Match Deposit Bonuses
Matched deposit bonuses are the most popular ones offered by the best online casinos in the country. With such an offer, the value of your deposit is increased by a certain percentage, providing you with a much bigger bankroll to play with.
An example of a matched deposit bonus could be a 100% match of up to $2,000. This means that your payment will be doubled in value by up to $2,000. In addition to the value of the reward, you need to consider the applicable terms, including the wagering requirement.
No Deposit Bonuses
A no deposit bonus is a popular reward as it does not require you to place a payment. You can get this type of reward in a number of ways as both a new or existing player. As a new player, you might get rewarded just for completing registration, whilst existing players may get no deposit bonuses for referring their friends or collecting a sufficient number of loyalty points.
You could get $25 in poker chips as a no deposit bonus when you complete the registration of your account. Even though you won’t need to place a payment to get rewarded, you will still need to abide by the relevant terms and conditions, such as eligible games.
Free Roll Tickets
This bonus is particularly enticing to players that are eager to join poker tournaments. Free roll tickets allow you to join exciting competitions without needing to pay the entrance fee. Moreover, you’d be able to enjoy your winnings as cash instead of bonus credits.
You could get a free roll ticket for an upcoming tournament offered by a high-ranking New York poker site. Depending on the promotion, it may be sufficient just to complete account registration or download the mobile app to get rewarded.
Playing on New York Poker Apps & Mobile Sites
You can play poker wherever you are directly from your smartphone or tablet. Our featured sites offer a mobile-friendly website along with dedicated casino apps that you can download onto supported systems.
Explore Our Online Expert Written Poker Guides
Mobile Poker Apps – Advantages & Disadvantages
Mobile poker apps allow you to play this popular card game for real money in pretty much the same way as desktop sites. With the exception of the different screen sizes, there are very few differences between the two. This means that no matter which device you use to play poker in New York, you’ll be able to enjoy the same user experience, game variety, and player bonuses.
Mobile-friendly websites tend to have a faster upload time than apps, and this can make a difference when you’ve got an unstable Internet connection. On the flip side, casino apps can provide you with push notifications to inform you about upcoming tournaments and new bonuses that you might have missed.
Downloading apps onto your Android and iOS devices can allow you to start playing poker instantly. Websites require you to navigate to them, log in, and select your game before you can start playing. However, apps are only available for a limited number of supported systems, and you’d need to download them onto each device that you may wish to use.
- Play poker wherever and whenever
- Enjoy playing the same number and variety of poker games as on desktop sites
- Makes it easier to process mobile payments
- Experience a seamless experience provided by mobile-optimized websites or apps
- Downloadable apps may be slower to load
- A smaller screen may impact the your overall user experience
How to Download Poker Apps or Software
Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you download your favorite poker platform onto your smartphone or tablet:
- Visit the official BetOnline website using your mobile browser.
- If you haven’t already, register an account by following the steps we’ve listed earlier in this guide.
- Click on the ‘Poker’ page of the website and select the applicable download option. You can choose either ‘Android’ or ‘iOS’ apps.
- Once the download is complete, click on it to open it and begin the poker platform installation. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete this step.
- When the installation is ready, you’ll find the BetOnline poker app logo on your home screen.
Tips for Playing Online Poker for Real Money in New York
The following tips should help you improve your overall New York poker experience:
- Poker Tip 1: Take advantage of tutorials and other poker resources to learn the game and improve your overall strategy.
- Poker Tip 2: Before you start playing with real money, spend a few minutes practicing in demo mode.
- Poker Tip 3: Keep an eye out for poker bonuses and offers that may be available from time to time.
- Poker Tip 4: Once you’ve played a few rounds of real money poker, consider joining tournaments, such as ones that are exclusively available to new players.
- Poker Tip 5: Set a poker budget before you begin playing and stick to it, leaving the table when your budget runs out.
Playing Online Poker vs Poker Live in New York
Online poker offers a realistic and convenient experience that is unlike playing in person. When you play online, you needn’t worry about perfecting your poker face, and you can focus all your attention on playing your hands and observing other players. Moreover, you can access cheat sheets and other useful poker information at the click of a button.
To operate a land-based establishment costs money, more money than is needed to run an online poker room. As a result, top operators, including BetOnline and Sportsbetting.ag, are able to offer higher-value bonuses and rewards to their players.
Online poker tournaments are also usually better than live alternatives. By connecting players from across the country, operators are able to offer high-value prize pools. In fact, most of our featured NY poker sites offer $1 million prize pools for at least one of their monthly tournaments.
Another important difference between online and in-person poker is overall convenience. You can start playing online poker in seconds at any time of day or night. Land-based facilities require you to travel to them, and only during their opening hours.
In addition, you can play a variety of online poker variants and instantly switch between one table and another, whereas this takes time and is not always possible at land-based facilities.
Live Poker in New York – Casinos With Poker Rooms
If you would like to play poker in person at a New York land-based casino, we’ve listed the top three establishments for you to consider.
Empire City Casino
- Address: 810 Yonkers Ave, Yonkers, NY 10704.
- Opening hours: 10.00 am – 6.00 am.
The Empire City Casino offers a variety of poker tables, including popular variants, such as Texas Hold’em. Tournaments are available throughout the year, however, these don’t take place every day. Beyond poker, the casino offers hundreds of slot machines and other table games.
Resorts World Casino New York City
- Address: 110-00 Rockaway Blvd, Queens, NY 11420.
- Opening hours: 9.00 am – 5.00 am.
The Resorts World Casino New York City offers an extensive variety of poker tables, including several ones suitable for higher rollers. In addition, this casino welcomes visitors with luxury accommodation, spa facilities, and a variety of world-class dining opportunities.
Rivers Casino & Resort Schenectady
- Address: 1 Rush St, Schenectady, NY 12305.
- Opening hours: All day.
The Rivers Casino & Resort Schenectady offers an exclusive poker room that is available daily between 10.00 am and 2.00 am. Player poker promotions are available weekly, between Thursdays and Sundays, but are not available on other days.
Famous New York Poker Players
There are numerous successful New York poker players that have won millions of dollars in their careers. Here are some of the most successful ones:
- Bryn Kenney – One of the most successful poker players of all time, Kenny has won over $57 million in live earnings. He currently ranks 1st in the New York All Time Money List and 1,871st on the Global Poker Index Rating.
- Erik Seidel – Seidel currently ranks 55th in the Global Poker Index Rating and has, so far, won over $40 million. Whilst born in New York, he eventually moved to Las Vegas, but still holds 2nd place on New York All Time Money List.
- Isaac Haxton – Originally from Syracuse, Haxton eventually relocated to the iGaming nation of Malta. The young player has, so far, won over $29 million in various poker tournaments and ranks 2,002nd in the Global Poker Index Ranking.
The Best Poker Site in New York
BetOnline is the overall best New York poker site overall, thanks to its combination of games, tournaments, and player bonuses. The site has been in operation across the US for over 25 years, and its experience and reputation are evident across its poker services.
You can join BetOnline and start playing your favorite poker variants in just a couple of minutes. There are numerous tables available, including ones best-suited for casual players and others dedicated to VIPs and high rollers.
You must be logged in to post a comment.