Pocketalk Shifts From a Hardware-Centric Enterprise to a Comprehensive Solution | national news
PALO ALTO, California, January 3, 2022 / PRNewswire / – Pocketalk, the global leader in connecting conversations and removing language barriers, today announced its expansion from a hardware-only translation device to a cloud-based translation software solution. Since launching the company in 2017, Pocketalk has focused on innovation to break down communication barriers and connect people from all walks of life through language translation. Almost one million Pocketalk portable devices have been sold. Their engine has been refined by more than half a billion translations that have reached an unmatched level of speed and precision. Pocketalk is HIPAA and GDPR compliant, providing access to once restrictive industries. And now the company is laying the groundwork for the future of global communications.
“The evolution of Pocketalk to this day has been nothing short of transformative.” – Noriyuki Matsuda, CEO
“Pocketalk existed to bring people together, make deeper connections firsthand through conversation, and break down all the language barriers that divide us,” said Noriyuki Matsuda, Founder and CEO of SourceNext Corporation. “Pocketalk’s evolution to the present has been nothing short of transformative. Communication is truly the world’s great equalizer. Today we look to the future with the announcement of becoming a global communication platform. Our latest solutions are the next step in our continued journey to connect us all as a global community. ”
Efficient, accessible and affordable translation solutions
Pocketalk marks its continued evolution with the launch of three new services: Pocketalk App, Pocketalk Subtitles and Pocketalk Console. With the addition of these services, translation is now accessible, affordable and meets the needs of consumers and businesses.
“As the past two years have shown us, we are more connected than ever,” said Joe miller, Managing Director (Americas), Pocketalk. “Pocketalk has continued to evolve to meet the global communication needs of businesses and consumers – from human resources and logistics to healthcare, human services and personal use. Our migration from hardware to software solutions is expanding our footprint to reach more corners of our interconnected world. Communication is personal. This is what motivates us to continue to deepen our understanding of cultures and to break down barriers for easier, faster and more authentic translation. ”
The Pocketalk app for smartphones is not a replacement for Pocketalk hardware, but rather the perfect companion. In its mission to connect a global community through conversations and to break language divides, Pocketalk has now truly become a global brand.
Pocketalk Subtitles translates directly via video conference so that you can easily and quickly read what your foreign counterpart is saying in your own language without the presence of an interpreter. Pocketalk Console is a new administration panel that allows fleet management and confirmation of intended use for key business users. With the addition of captions and the app, Pocketalk will now offer five translation solutions to meet the needs of consumers and businesses around the world.
Key product features for new Pocketalk innovations include:
- Inspired by movie subtitles, Pocketalk Subtitles will provide near real-time translation through any video conferencing platform.
- Make deeper connections firsthand through conversation between the main parties, removing the distance created by a third-party translator.
- Conversational translation refined with billions of translations recognizes language patterns and accurate translation.
- The translations are interpreted via the device’s camera.
- Translate two languages simultaneously.
- Subtitles will be available in spring 2022. Subscriptions start at $ 9.99/month.
- The Pocketalk application pushes the limits to communicate freely across the world.
- Perfect, conversational translations are now available via smartphone data or Wi-Fi wherever you travel.
- With the opening of an app, conversation barriers are a thing of the past. It has never been easier to have a conversation in more than 82 languages or to deepen a connection with another culture.
- The Pocketalk application will be available in spring 2022. Subscriptions start at $ 2.99/month.
- Pocketalk Console allows companies to have full control over their fleet of portable Pocketalk devices.
- Using the software, account administrators can easily manage connectivity, translation history and essential functions.
- The Pocketalk console will be available in spring 2022.
For Pocketalk, this is a bold but timely move to respond to the continuing evolution of communication. The new solutions, along with Pocketalk’s recent strategic decision to exist as a stand-alone company, separate from its former parent company, SourceNext, propel the business faster and with expanded reach to break down communication barriers and connect. all people through the conversation. The future of communication lives on with Pocketalk.
Pocketalk is the global leader in connecting the world and making conversation easier with the only translation solutions on the market that enable an authentic communication experience. Pocketalk, which is HIPAA and GDPR compliant, connects people from all walks of life with language translation – fast, easy, and most importantly, accurate translation. Developed, manufactured and distributed by SourceNext, the largest distributor and creator of IoT software, hardware and products in Japan, Pocketalk was officially launched in the United States in 2018 with a seat in Palo Alto, California. The company offers translation solutions through the Pocketalk Portable Collection and, in an exciting innovation, now the Cloud-based Pocketalk Subtitles, the Pocketalk App and the Pocketalk Console. Two-way translation solutions can translate 82 languages and be used anywhere in the world with internet or data connection. To find more information or to purchase Pocketalk, visit Pocketalk.com
View original content to download multimedia: https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/pocketalk-transitions-from-hardware-centric-business-to-global-solution-301452862.html